Monday 20 September 2021

Module Two - Little Wonders

 Today we had a disucssion with Module two students about 'little wonders' as starting points for research inquiry. 

 We talked about the process of module two from 

- mapping the field of your proposed research area by looking at the work of others before you, around you (engaging with literature around the subjects that your proposed area of research covers - documenting this in the Literature Review template)

- noticing what questions emerge for you from this preliminary research (reflective journals are great here for noting your thoughts and questions as they arise) 

- thinking about how you will explore those questions by reading about research design and methods (go to the module reading list!!)

- thinking about the ethics of the methods you are chosing to use in relation to the area and questions of your research

- considering what you will do with all the data (information) that you will gather - building an understanding of Analysis through reading more about research design (reading list!!)


Those that were a part of the discussion today do share your blog posts on your further thoughts and sharing of your little wonders!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Helen,

    I have attached a link to my blog which I wrote on the 16/09/2021 which highlights my initial thoughts surrounding my focus area.

    https://ellieowen28.blogspot.com/2021/09/little-wonders.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen,

    I have attached my first blog where I have worked through my initial thoughts on module two and ideas for my inquiry topic.

    https://sophielburrows.blogspot.com/2021/10/where-to-start-starting-points-for.html

    ReplyDelete