Friday 17 September 2021

Mapping your Field - Histories, Influencies, legacies

 Following our discussion with Module One students earlier this week I've been thinking more about the questions we spent time with around mapping the field of your practice and identifying influencial people and practices that have contributed to shaping your own. 


I made this simple collage to reflect the key influences to my own professional practice, my way of thinking and being in the world. Have a go at something similar yourself, maybe images, maybe a playlist of music, a short piece of choreography would work for you...  This is similar to the thinking around the diagram / artefact you will submit at the end of the module also, so thinking about how you map your field of practice now is good to start the term and see how it evolves for you...

 


 

from left to right:

top row - Nelson Mandela, Irmgard Bartenieff, Doug Varone, Toni Morrison/Beloved

bottom row - Harper Lee/To Kill a Mockingbird, Nina Simone, Mary O'Donell Fulkerson



Look them up...  what do you think??

2 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, I found this a fun activity to do and it helped me to see what I think my influences are. You can read my thoughts on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely idea! I will definitely give this a try but in a form of links to performances/ choreographies that have had an impact in my practise and inspired me

    ReplyDelete