Wednesday 22 September 2021

Module One - Areas of Learning discussion

 Thank you to all that were able to make the Module One session today - we had a great discussion around Areas of Learning - you are asked to identify and discuss through critical reflection, three areas of your past learning experiences that you see as significant in/in shaping your practice today. 


Some of the areas that came up included;

Injury - shifting perceptions/expectations

Vulnerability

Self- Pressure

Personal/Professional Ethics

Improvisation / play

Techniques as umbrella concepts for Areas of Learning

Time Management / Planning / Organisation

Embracing Uncertainty

Change and Responsiveness

 

 There were others and some great space made within the conversations for different voices and perspectives. 

 

Pedro offered the great analogy of the process of identifying and unpacking and re-looking at your Areas of Learning being a dance - fluid, in motion, in the relationships between parts...

 

Those that were a part of the conversation do share more of your thinking through your blogs for others to join the converation - comment below with the blog from this discussion...



This session was recorded and will be available on your BAPP ACI programme page within 24hrs

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi Helen,

    I've written a little blog on Vulnerability after our session last week.

    https://indianalc.blogspot.com/2021/09/areas-of-learning-vulnerability.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, I've expanded on my thoughts after the session and looked into my learning process in my blog it would be good to hear other peoples thoughts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, Took me a little while to get round to this but I posted a brief blog about the Areas of Learning I am pondering on. As I mention, I would love to hear some other people's methods on how they managed to define these areas more clearly as I feel I am still being too driven by my experience and not unpacking them enough to find what is at the root. Anyone's comments, methods or advice would be greatly appreciated. https://ryangsbapp.blogspot.com/2021/09/identifying-areas-of-learning.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, I have unpacked some of my thoughts on the areas of learning within my practise in my blog, hoping I am in the right track so comments are more than welcome!
    https://anettetaimisto.wixsite.com/website

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Link to the latest post: https://anettetaimisto.wixsite.com/website/post/connecting-the-dots

      Delete
  6. Hi Helen,

    A very thought provoking discussion last week which really got my mind thinking further about my areas of learning.
    My latest blog is on the link below...
    https://melissaibrown.blogspot.com/2021/09/areas-of-learning.html

    ReplyDelete