Friday 1 October 2021

Module Three - What are you doing?

Great session this week hearing what those in module three are doing as they begin their research projects. 


We discussed data collection - as the phase everyone is in at this point in the term and noted the learning that is happening in the process of gathering information through interviews, focus groups and surveys, that often it is the learning of your Self through these processes that is the learning which contributes to the development of your Professional Practice, not the 'thing' you are investigating. 

 

Do keep a reflective journal throughout the process of the module to capture these experiences and take this learning back into your practice. Remember that the value of undertaking this research inquiry, and the BAPP programme as a whole is to support you in growing in your practice, not becoming an expert in research or in your inquiry topic. 


Keep observing your own assumptions, questions, challenges faced and responded to...it's all part of the process


Module three students, particularly those not able to be in this session in real-time, do blog about your own inquiry process and comment here to connect. 




The recording from this session is on unihub.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for recording the session as i was unfortunately i was at a course. I found it very helpful and will re-watch before i start to do more data analysis.
    I have written a blog about where i am in the process at the moment.
    https://clareisaacs.blogspot.com/2021/10/working-out-whats-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recordings of the sessions are so helpful! I started a new job in September and my working hours mean I can't always make the live calls so these are like gold dust! I've blogged about my experience here https://georginaknightbapp.blogspot.com/2021/10/a-slow-start.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen I also appreciate so much that I could watch this discussion session as it was recorded and feel like I didn't miss out! Thank you again for the reminder about developing our practise and not becoming an investigator as sometimes when I get bogged down and overwhelmed with all the literature I need to remind myself of this! :)

    ReplyDelete