Wednesday 28 November 2018

Open discussion skype thoughts

We had a good open discussion skype last night with students across all three modules contributing.

The conversations focused mainly around embodiment - in theory, examples from practice and the idea of 'communicating, using something other than words'. This was prompted largely by those in Module One addressing the diagram element of the Module One submission but the conversations are equally applicable to any module. Looking at a practice-based artefact allowing us to move away from 'words' we talked about the creative approaches we all have to our own practices and how we might value these instead of diminishing them in the overshadowing light of essays with words as our means of communication.  Connecting embodiment with these conversations and the programme itself we suggested exploring more what the possibilities might be for looking more closely through the lens of your practice in order to approach 'other work'. 

A reminder that the programme is in Professional Practice, YOUR professional practice and how you might understand and be able to communicate this in a range of contexts, in a range of ways, more than words alone.

Those in the call please do comment below and link us to your blogs on your conversations from this..


3 comments:

  1. I really found this discussion helpful as it got me thinking about how I can communicate and translate my thoughts of the diagram.
    https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3618434580300260306#allposts/src=sidebar

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and notes are on my blog.
    https://charliesteggles.blogspot.com/2018/11/and-again-from-top.html
    Many Thanks for the discussion everyone x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to discuss ideas during this Skype session and has really got me thinking further about the theory of embodiment and how it relates to both my practice and my study on the BAPP ACI programme. I would love to hear other people's thoughts on my blog;
    https://andrewsbappaciblog.blogspot.com/2018/11/embodiment.html

    ReplyDelete