Wednesday 17 November 2021

Artefacts

Some great discussions last week with Module One students about the diagram/artefact part of this module and its relationship with the essay and this week with Module Three students developing ideas for artefacts that communicate their research inquiry process and learning.


Do...think creatively and imaginatively about your artefacts - they are not literal presentations, they should not be overly written (though they can use words, visually/verbally). 

Do...think about the indiciative word counts outlined in the handbook - this is not a requirement for written words - indicative - gives an indication of the time, energy and effort you would give to an essay of this word count/length, it is suggesting you give the same time, energy and effort to creating your artefact. 

Do...accept that, like an essay, the artefact is a process to engage with...it will likely need making/drafting and re-making/drafting before it is ready to share/submit.

Do...think about how best to share and submit your artefact. It needs to be in a digital form to be able to upload as part of your submission on Dec 10, for module three students, it is also shared as part of your presentations in January - think about how you would like to do this. 

 

Looking forward to seeing, experiencing them all soon!

5 comments:

  1. The zoom recording from earlier in the week was most helpful as I was in a panic about this section. It became much clearer after your description and hearing the ideas of those on the call. I have shared my initial thoughts on my blog and am currently working on how best to present this idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Ryan, do share the link to your blog here!

      Delete
    2. ryangsbapp.blogspot.com is my blog - thank you, I would love some feedback.

      Delete
  2. Sorry I couldn't make the Mod 3 calls, trying to balance working in a school and then in the evenings at the dance school meant I couldn't make either of the time changes work. I'm will be catching up on the recording and making my own blog about my ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this zoom very useful and I have finally finished my artefact. it was very difficult to get started but hearing other peoples ideas really helped focus and inspire me. If anyone would like to comment on my blog I would appreciate some feedback, thank you!
    daccharlottebateman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete