Wednesday 23 September 2020

Discussion Group

Great to see and hear from so many of you across all three modules in this evening's discussion group on Skype.


I've summarised here the main areas I noticed within the discussion, it would be great to hear what you took from it all, further thoughts and questions that may have emerged for you all through your blogs.


Main areas:

Questions 

- questioning yourself, your own assumptions, intentions, bias

- questioning others - why? Not to answer your question but to open a space for discovery, sharing of experiences - see the TED talk below looking at interviewing as sharing stories.

- Little wonders - be curious!




Reflection

- looking at past patterns, habits, processes 

- understanding through critically unpacking an experience

- keeping a reflective journal

 

Resources 

- literature - the reading list and KORTEXT for each module

- beyond the literature, other sources, people, places, other artists

- you - each other - the BAPP community

 

Do share your blogs from this discussion in the comments here so that we can find you and continue the conversations and questions.



4 comments:

  1. Quite intrigued after attending my first discussion. Here are my thoughts that came to mind these past days. http://whatsthe-pointe.blogspot.com/2020/09/stepping-out-of-my-comfort-zone.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed my first discussion session and getting to hear from everyone. I have expressed my thoughts here.. https://alicepettini.blogspot.com/2020/09/questioning-reflecting-and-questioning.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great hearing from everyone in the discussion group- here are my thoughts since then. https://alysmay.blogspot.com/2020/09/all-module-skype-1-keep-questioning.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this Helen, this gave me the courage to start my interview process. I was nervous to approach the professional people I wanted to interview as I thought I would come across as a burden or a pest as such. Listening to this mans approach on interviews really turned it round for me.

    ReplyDelete